A word about the security of your savings
Over 27 million Americans have already experienced identity theft, and the incidences continue to rise each year. Gabriels Community’s stringent privacy policies protect your personal information, while passwords and PIN's assure the security of electronic and online transactions.
Phishing is an online scam involving the use of email messages that appear to be sent by your financial institution. Phishing emails typically ask you to click on a link to a false web site that asks you to input or confirm your personal and/or financial information such as your account number, credit card numbers, PIN's and/or passwords. For more information on phishing visit www.antiphishing.org. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) offers these tips to avoid of being a victim of phishing scams:
If you receive an e-mail or pop-up message that asks for personal or financial information, do not reply or click on the link in the message. Gabriels Community as well as other legitimate businesses will not ask for this information through e-mail.
- Use anti-virus software and a firewall, and make sure they are up to date. Anti-virus software and a firewall can protect you from inadvertently accepting unwanted files.
- Don't e-mail personal or financial information. E-mail is not a secure method of transmitting information.
- Always be cautious about opening any attachment or downloading any files from e-mails you may receive. These files may contain viruses.
- If you believe you have been a victim of an identity scam, visit the FTC's Identity Theft website at www.ftc.gov/idtheft or by calling 1-877-IDTHEFT. As a victim, you should also contact the fraud departments of the major credit card reporting companies:
- Equifax - 888.766.0008
- Experian - 888.397.3742
- Trans Union - 800.680.7289
To report any fraud concerning Gabriels Community Credit Union please contact us immediately at 517-484-0601.
Free Credit Report
How do I order my free report?
You can order your free annual credit report online at annualcreditreport.com , by calling 1-877-322-8228, or by completing the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mailing it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
When you order, you need to provide your name, address, Social Security number, and date of birth. To verify your identity, you may need to provide some information that only you would know, like the amount of your monthly mortgage payment.
For more information from the Federal Trade Commission click here.
During business hours (9-5 M-F) call the Credit Union immediately 517.484.0601.
After hours call:
for VISA: VISA Customer Assistance 1.800.847.2911
for DEBIT: MasterCard Assistance wihtin U.S. 1.888.241.2510 / outside U.S. 1.909.941.1398
International number for collect calls to Hot Carding Services: 727.227.9012
Please Inform the Credit Union during the next business day.Go to main navigation